Our Covid-19 Relief and Response: Facing the Worst Head-on and with your Help
Part of our promise at Global Pathways School is to show up for our community when they need us most. Covid-19 is an unprecedented situation that places the health and safety of our community at severe risk.
Since the very beginning of the pandemic, we have:
- Continued to pay all staff regular salaries
- Pivoted to distanced learning + blended learning for children in all grades
- Educated the community about Covid-19 led by Dr. Samir Gupta, ambassador of #thisisourshot
- Funded staff and community members to get vaccinated
- Distributed food and essential supplies such as PPE and soap
- Psycho-social support for our families and staff
- Recently, investigating the procurement of essential medical care supplies, including oxygen tanks
For communities such as ours who live on the margins and experience multidimensional poverty, the impact of Covid-19 extends beyond health alone.
Our long-term plan is to continue delivering our education, health and community development programs with some important additions:
- Establish greater food security by expanding our community garden
- Contribute to economic development by broadening our vocational training program and partnerships with local corporates
- Increase community events at GPS that are educational, targeted towards community-needs, and expand our network and boost morale
- Increase overall time spent at school for children to catch-up in learning loss, including increased after-school support and one-on-one tutoring and counselling
- Continue to localize our healthcare delivery with our partners
To learn more about our 2021-2023 programming, please subscribe to our blog and you will receive notification once our strategic plan is published.
If you have any questions about our Covid-19 response please contact Leah Mersky at email@example.com.
Thank you and stay safe,